Australian Visas—The Gist of What You Need to Know About Them

visa agent Melbourne

If you are looking to work in a different country, there are all kinds of challenges. The first and foremost is getting a visa. It is not so hard, but it is quite complicated if you do not know about them or how to process them.

Australia quickly becomes a land full of possibilities. Many people who want to change the course of their lives have decided to migrate to Australia. And so if you are one of these people, then here is what you need to know about Australian working visas.

There are two categories for working visas—the Skilled Migration Visas and the Nominated or Sponsored Work Visas.

Skilled Migration Visas

Foreigners who wish to apply for Skilled Migration Visas must prove that they have a vital skill that the Australian continent needs. For instance, not a lot of people go into specialized construction, so people who are in specialized construction can definitely apply for a Skilled Migration Visa.

Nominated or Sponsored Work Visas

Those who apply for the Skilled Migration Visas apply as individuals. Those who apply for Nominated or Sponsored Work Visas, on the other hand, must be sponsored by an authorized entity already in Australia. Examples of authorized entities are recognized employers, government agencies, and state authorities.

Overview of Visa Application Requirements

While there are different requirements for each specific visa, here are some of the requirements that are applicable to all Australian visas. If you do not want to risk making a mistake then choose a city and pick a reputable agent, a migration agent in Melbourne, for instance. Contact them and easily book a consultation.

But if you want to get a head-start with your preparations, then here are some things that you need to prepare:

Proof of health and character

You need to be able to prove that you are of health to work abroad. This involves a general health check. You also have to prove that you will be at your best behavior while on Australian soil.

Proof of English language skill

As Australia is an English-speaking country, you need to prove that you speak English. Most, if not all, Australian businesses are run in English, albeit with an Australian accent. If you have a good command over the English language, then you will qualify. It is best if you have proof by providing IELTS test scores, or something similar.


You need to have skills that are relevant to your chosen career in Australia. Other than that, you need to be assessed by Australian authorities, so as to confirm your skills. Although worry not, this is not a difficult process.

Remember, moving overseas can be quite daunting, but it will open your eyes to a world full of possibilities. Also, you need not to go through everything alone. Looking for an agent and contacting them to help you out will help you improve your prospects and get your visa that much faster.

If you are looking family lawyers that can help you understood your situation, get a free consultation from our family lawyers today.

Find the best family lawyer in Melbourne, contact Mira Bellas family lawyers in Blackburn to solve your leagl issues.

Green Leaf Migration Services is an Australian based consultancy business which provides professional consultancy services in immigration to Australia. Contact us to today to know know more about our services.

Education Consultant in Melbourne are often teachers or administrators who want a break from the daily routine but still wish to remain involved in the field of Education. Vision Consultants pride ourselves on our service and are committed to providing the migration agents Melbourne services. Get in touch with us for a free quote.